COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK (CDF) FACILITATOR
$65,472 TO $74,400 per annum
Full time (35 hrs/wk) – 24 months (possibility of renewal)
The Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres is seeking a Bilingual (French and English) Facilitator to provide strategic community development support for agencies actively involved in a place based approach, particularly CHRCs, the City of Ottawa Community and Protective Services (CPS) Department and members of the CDF Steering Table.
The Supervising Agency, South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is an inter-professional health, social and community services agency.
The CDF Facilitator will develop a coordination mechanism to effectively bridge the developments taking place at the neighbourhood level and the various components established under the Community Development Framework (CDF). This includes supporting the implementation of CDF strategies at the neighbourhood level, establishing linkages and networks, synthesising the prioritised needs from the community and monitoring and evaluating the success of the CDF at the community level. The incumbent will provide advice and coordination to the CHRC Coalition and Community Developers at the frontline and work closely with other agencies for successful implementation of the CDF.
The CDF Facilitator will:
- Develop and implement action plans at the local level, guided by the CDF process
- Strengthen the skills, knowledge and confidence of people who live and work in local communities to create positive change
- Support CDF Steering Table members to instigate positive change on systemic and systems issues – through influence/expertise/knowledge/policy
- Be responsible for CDF Evaluation, Communication and Administration, including supervision of support staff, oversight of website, meetings, etc.
- Post graduate education in community development, social work, health education or related field.
- Training and experience in program planning, group facilitation, conflict resolution, and crisis management
- A minimum of five years’ experience in community development or social action,
- Experience working in diverse communities and multi-disciplinary settings
- Experience with collaboration with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent ability to communicate in both written and spoken English. Highly desirable is the ability to communicate in French; other languages an asset.
Please forward your curriculum vitae and cover letter stating how your qualifications match the job requirements by 4:00 p.m. on Fri. October 28, 2016.
ATTN: Human Resources South-East Ottawa CHC 600-1355 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7 https://seochc.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=5
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is committed to employment equity. SEOCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.