Community Health Worker –Strengthening Senior Support Networks
.8 FTE– One year contract (with possibility of extension)
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is seeking applications for a Community Health Worker to work with the new three year Strengthening Senior Support Networks project.
The incumbent will use a community development approach to assist seniors living in low income neighbourhoods to strengthen their social networks and improve their access to services. They will work collaboratively with multiple partners in program planning, assist in evaluation, act as a resource to communities and partner organizations, and provide linkages and resources that support seniors. The successful candidate will have proven facilitation skills, knowledge of community and health services available to seniors, and have experience working with partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum two years experience in a community-based setting.
- Minimum two years experience working with seniors.
- Solid knowledge of community and health resources.
- Ability to assess situations and to respond appropriately.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an inter-professional setting, with clients and other agencies.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and use of a personally owned vehicle.
- Fluency in spoken and written English, spoken French; other language such as Arabic an asset.Salary range: $45,138 to $53,103, pro-rated to FTELetters of Application must include your curriculum vitae and an attachment (point form) which clearly demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the position by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, June 23rd, 2016.
- Human Resources
- South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
- 600 -1355 Bank Street, Ottawa, ON K1H 8K7
- Fax: (613) 739-8199
- Email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is committed to employment equity. SEOCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
REGISTERED NURSE PRACTITIONER
FT (35 hours/week) 1 year Maternity Leave
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is seeking applications for a Registered Nurse Practitioner.
The incumbent will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, other health professionals and administrative staff to deliver high quality Primary Health Care services to the Centre’s clients.
- Minimum education Baccalaureate in Nursing
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner – R.N. (E.C.)
- Experience as a Nurse Practitioner role in a primary care setting
- Nursing experience working with low-income families, children, youth, seniors, multicultural and diverse populations
- Fluency in English essential; and French strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications
- Ability to work flexible hours
Salary range: $76,773- $89,720/per annum, pro-rated to FTE
Please submit your CV with a cover letter with “NP-Centre” in the subject heading, no later than 4:00 p.m. Friday, June 24th, 2016 to:
Jeannie Page, Human Resources Officer
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
Thank you for your interest. The Centre is committed to employment equity. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is committed to employment equity. SEOCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.