POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Intake Worker
(1 year Maternity Contract)
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is a community health and resource centre which offers a variety of health and social services to residents living in various neighbourhoods in South-East Ottawa. We require a full-time bilingual Intake Worker from December, 2016 to December, 2017.
The Intake Worker (IW) provides crisis intervention, information & referral, advocacy, assessment, short-term counselling, practical assistance programs and outreach services to residents of south-east Ottawa. The IW acts as a resource person and consultant to staff and community partners, provides walk-in services and, along with other Intake staff, acts as the primary liaison between intake and other programs in the centre. Works as part of an intake and counselling team.
- BSW or equivalent with at least 3 years related experience with counselling/intake and poverty issues
- Experience working in multicultural communities and with family violence;
- Excellent skills in crisis intervention, assessment, advocacy, outreach & conflict resolution;
- Excellent knowledge of community resources essential; knowledge of structural barriers;
- Excellent team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and in French.
- Registered with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (or eligible for registration).
- Solid computer skills and experience using a client database.
Please submit a 1 to 2 page attachment (point form) along with your résumé which clearly demonstrates how your previous skills and experience correspond to each of the above qualifications.
SALARY RANGE: $45,138 to 53,103 (annualized), commensurate with experience
Please submit application materials by 4:00 p.m. Friday, October 7, 2016 to:
ATTN:Human Resources Officer
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre https://seochc.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=4
- Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is
- committed to employment equity. SEOCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities
- in its recruitment process. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to
- disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
6 month contract (full time)
South-East Ottawa CHC is a Community Health & Resource Centre which offers a range of health and social services to residents living in various neighborhoods in South-East Ottawa. We are seeking applications for the position of a care coordinator to provide client centred coordinated care to Central Ottawa Health Links (COHL) clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Health Link Care Coordinator is an active member of the COHL core team which includes patients and their families, a Project Manager, and Administrative Assistant, the lead agency (South –East Ottawa CHC) and the COHL Steering Committee. The Care Coordinator will work in collaboration with the extended teams of primary and specialty care involved with the patients (acute care settings, primary health care providers, agencies and programs), and with the non-health care partners (e.g., Community resources, Police, and other resources – as needed) to positively impact changes at the social determinants of health level of the high users cohort (medically and socially complex patients).
- Post Secondary degree in nursing, social worker or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years related professional experience.
- Fluency in both official languages is preferred
- Classification/Salary: Attn: Human Resources
- South-East Ottawa CHC
- Letters of Application including your curriculum vitae must be received by Wednesday, October 5, 2016.
- Care Coordinator, $24.72 to $29.08/hr, commensurate with experience. HOOPP eligible.
Thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Centre is committed to employment equity. SEOCHC will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment process. If at any stage in the selection process you require accommodation due to disability, please let us know the nature of the required accommodation.