About the South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre
Who We Are
We are a community health and resource centre. We are one of 14 similar
centres in Ottawa, part of the Coalition of Community Health and
Resource Centres of Ottawa.
We provide health, social and community services to everyone, but
particularly to people with special needs living in South-East Ottawa
including seniors, youth, families and individuals with low-incomes, and
We report to an elected Board of Directors who live or work in
South-East Ottawa neighbourhoods. The Board lobbies for healthy public policies.
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre works with the diverse
community of south-east Ottawa and with partners throughout the region
to provide and advocate for integrated, holistic primary health care,
social services, community development, and health promotion to:
Foster a healthy, welcoming, diverse and safe community
Promote healthy development of individuals and families
Enable community members to help one another
How We Work
- "One stop" is enough. We will find a way to make things better.
- We work as a team. Your health and well-being improves when doctors,
nurses, counsellors and other staff work together with you.
- We provide many different services at the Centre and at neighbourhood
- We support people to help themselves and each other.
- We work with individuals, neighbourhoods, communities, families and
groups of people with common concerns.
- Our services are either no-cost or low-cost.
- We speak on behalf of our neighbourhoods for needed health and social
- We work with other community partners to bring more services to
- We work mostly in English and French. We can also offer help in other
languages, for example Spanish, Somali and Arabic.
- Volunteers work with staff to help build a healthy community.
Coalition of Community Health and
Resource Centres of Ottawa
South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is proud to be one of the 14 member centres in the
Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres of Ottawa. The work of the Coalition throughout Ottawa is vital to the health of our city. We invite you to visit the Coalition website to learn more about important issues facing our communities: