OBJECTIVE: Transportation for older adults and adults with disabilities
to essential services is vital to remain healthy and independent at home.
- Provide transportation services to essential health service appointments.
- Coordinate all trips through the Community Support Services Coordinator and/or delegate
- Inform Coordinator/delegate of your up to date availability
- Call the client the day before the appointment to confirm pick up details.
- Be punctual and dependable in picking up the client at the scheduled time
- Maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Ensure regular vehicle maintenance to ensure safety of clients – seat belts must be available and worn at all times
- Assist the client in and out of the car as needed
- Support the client to get into their appointment as needed.
- Record mileage for the purpose of reimbursement.
- Immediately report incidences, accidents or concerns to the coordinator / delegate
- Access to a vehicle that is roadworthy, reliable and suitable for client’s needs
- Valid driver’s license, and a safe driving record
- Proof of $2 million liability insurance, and current vehicle registration
- Reliable and patient.
- Good listening and communication skills in English. Fluency in any other language(s) is an asset
- No health conditions that may impair ability to drive safely (vision, hearing, perception, reflexes, certain medications, etc.)
- Demonstrate sensitivity towards needs of some older adults and adults with disabilities, such as mobility impairment and/or mental health.
- Proof that driver has advised his/her personal auto insurer of the use of his/her vehicle on behalf of SEOCHC.
- Provide annual updates on vehicle insurance policy and registration
- Attend driver training as offered
- Ensure up to date personal information is kept on file
- Orientation to agency guidelines and compliance with program and procedures
LOCATION: Drives are within the city of Ottawa.
TIME COMMITMENT: Typically, the time requirement is once a week, for two or three hours as required. Schedule is flexible. Anytime between 8 am-4 pm
Must be a resident of Ottawa, Ontario Canada