Vision, Mission and Commitments
Health equity and wellbeing for everyone in the diverse communities we serve,
We are dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of people who face inequities —by providing accessible community health and social services and working together to build
Who we are
At the South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre (SEOCHC), we believe serving our community means being part of the community, immersed in the realities of people’s day-today lives and showing up to do the work when it’s time to take action.
We know healthier communities are built on more than healthcare. They require health and social services that are accessible to all. They require collaboration and partnership to drive change and create the conditions for people to be healthy and well.
We embrace diversity, are used to working in complex, rapidly changing situations, and adapt with agility as needs and evidence evolve. We put our hearts into serving people and passionately lead the charge to remove barriers that hinder health equity and wellbeing for all.
Our strategic priorities
• Ensure community-led and co-designed initiatives
have the support to make positive impacts.
• Build on the experiences and day-to-day realities of community members to inform system changes and community investments.
• Act as a strong agent of change to tackle barriers to improved wellbeing
• Work with partners to reorient the health system upstream — toward community-based supports and services that allow people to be healthy and well.
• Simplify access to care and support so people can easily get what they need when they need it.
• Champion expanded access to team-based interdisciplinary primary health care.
• Reduce barriers to make services accessible and responsive to people’s priorities.
• Adapt care models for greater equity.
• Grow our capacity to support people with complex
needs through team-based interdisciplinary care.
• Continuously evolve our organizational culture to be inclusive and diverse.
• Ensure opportunities for our people to learn, grow and engage in meaningful work.
• Sustain and grow our capacity to act on our priorities.
• Be nimble and adaptive as we advance our mission