To provide the best possible care, we need to collect and use personal information, including health information. South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre is committed to keeping your information safe and confidential. We follow the rules set out in law about collecting, using and disclosing your personal information.
To ensure the protection of your personal information, we have:
- Privacy Policies in place
- Appointed a Privacy Officer to answer your concerns or inquiries
- Set up safeguards in the handling of paper, electronic and verbal personal information
How We Work
The Centre’s service providers work to provide you with comprehensive care and service. Information for your best care may be shared among those directly involved with your care.
Limits to Confidentiality
South-East Ottawa CHC may report information to third parties, without consent:
- If we believe you are a danger to yourself or others
- If we suspect that a child under the age of 16 is at risk
- If our records are subpoenaed by the courts
- If you are considered by law to be unable to make informed decisions about yourself
- In cases of a reportable communicable disease that must be reported to a Public Health Agency
- To determine or verify your eligibility to receive health care benefits and program eligibility
- In cases of required reporting to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
Accessing Your Information
The Information in your records belongs to you; the physical record itself belongs to the Centre. You are welcome to read or have a copy of your personal health records. You may also request correction of your record. If you wish to access your record, fill out a ‘Release of Information’ form and return it to your service provider. An appointment will be set up for you with your service provider to review the records.
Questions or Concerns
If at any time you have questions or concerns about the treatment of your personal health information or the protection of your privacy within South-East Ottawa, please do not hesitate to raise your concerns with your service provider or South-East Ottawa Community Health Centre’s Privacy Officer) by email at firstname.lastname@example.org